Total Pageviews

Monday, August 13, 2012

IT'S A.....

Here's the whatchacallit redo! Two coats of white paint, sanding and natural muslin seat covers.  DONE!
  I read the "numerous" comments (where is everyone?)  Great ideas, I must say....  Thank you for taking the time to brainstorm with me!
 When I purchased this weird piece, I thought it was confessional seating and I'm not Catholic!  What do I know?
I was told this piece is a KISSING BENCH.  What?  The couple needs extra long necks and forget embracing while smooching!  Giggle.

For now, it rests at the foot of our bed.  It's better suited for putting on socks rather than kissing, but I love the novelty of this bench.
 I envisioned it in front of our fireplace, but it's over 100 degrees in Los Angeles, so maybe it will find it's way downstairs to the fireplace when we have cooler weather.
(Even though my husband dislikes this bench, I saw him sitting on it the other day!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the kissing seat. I have never seen one like it before,but I think it looks perfect in front of your bed. And it looks beautiful in white. It's awesome. If you add a pretty pink flower pot in the center it will look gorgeous too. Just picturing it..lol
Thanks for sharing. I love your blog.
Hugs,
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows
www.janetscreativepillows.blogspot.com

theromanticrose said...

Che bel fascino ha questa camera!Beautiful!!!Rosetta

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Love what you did with it:) It looks great in your gorgeous bedroom too!
~Debra xxx
Capers of te vintage vixens

Susan Krauss said...

lol it's not a kissing bench! It's a fireplace fender seat w/ surround! I'm 100% certain of this. Because, really, look how far apart the seats are....you'd never be able to even get close enough to actually kiss each other! ;D

NanaDiana said...

I love it! You did a remarkable job of making it over. It fits the bottom of your bed like it was made for it. xo Diana