Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Getting Organized!

Folded textiles neatly stacked behind closed doors. . . Life is good!I don't recall specifically what led to my frenzy. Last week I became OBSESSED with organizing 3 supply/linen closets! Maybe it was all the rain. Perhaps it was the new year. Most likely it was the falling contents of each closet that drove me into my organizing frenzy!
I started with the kids' linen closet. It houses linens for 3 beds including those warm and fuzzy flannel sheets that take up too much space. That closet also contains too many area rugs that I LOVE to buy!
Next stop, the closet/cupboard in my home office area. It holds all my indoor and outdoor cushions, slipcovers and tablecloths.
At last, the upstairs linen closet. It stores upstairs bedroom linens, blankets, quilts, more area rugs, pillow forms and now, my fabrics. Whew! Last week I pressed and folded until my fingers ached! I still must find space for more pillow forms currently on my sewing table!
I used 4 of them by creating shabby blue and pink rose slip covers for my shop window. Next post: Rearranging furniture!

9 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

It's a nice feeling to have everything neat and tidy in the linen closet... until little people pull out all the neat stacks looking for just that perfect sheet or blanket to use for an indoor tent!!!
Then I come along and fold and stack it all again ready for the next bout of tent building...LOL.
Enjoy the moment Cindy.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Alison Gibbs said...

Wow that is so organised.
I usually reorganise mine once the things from the top shelf start falling onto me. I just hate it when I try to throw something
onto that top shelf and it drops back down on me!!
Alison

Leisa said...

Fantastic cupboards - they look great. I am interested in your sewing stool? Is it covered in chenille? What a good idea having a long stool at the machine.

Lori said...

Cindy, I know it's alot of work but doesn't it feel wonderful to have it all so pretty? And I am just in awe of all the breath-taking pinks I've seen!And your home looks so beautiful!! Wish i could visit and sit and chat and the cute rables!!! Love,Lori

Faye said...

WOW CINDY!I NEED YOU AT MY HOUSE.EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT.IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING! GREAT JOB.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Good for you! I need to get in an "organizing frenzy"!!! Can't wait to see the new arrangement!
Rene'

signsoftimensuch said...

Wow what neat things you have and I love your blog! Hopefully I can get in that organizing mode for March! hugs, cheryl

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Everything just looks so much prettier when it's orgainzed. Great job, Cindy!

oxox
Jennifer

Lynn said...

Wow, I can't believe all the linens you have and pillow forms. you are so organised :)